West Lothian 50+ Network – Events
25th Anniversary Celebrations
This year the 50+ Network has reached a milestone anniversary. It’s 25 years since the Network was started back in 1994, so to mark this milestone anniversary we will be organising a number of special events and activities. These will include taking part in the Bathgate Procession, tree planting and BBQ, a car treasure hunt, a garden party, a cheese and wine evening and sponsoring a floral display under the Bathgate Beautiful scheme. And we’re introducing new regular activities, such as the monthly coach trips on Sundays and social evenings.
A number of events are well-established in the Network’s calendar. These include dinners, socials and musical evenings. Our annual craft fair and coffee morning is an important fund raiser for the Network, as is our running of the thrift shop in Bathgate for a week each summer. In addition to our monthly members’ meetings, we all look forward each year to our Christmas party and Network Choir Carol Concert.
Held on the third Saturday of the month at the Royal British Legion in Bathgate, the monthly members’ meeting is a get-together to update members on activities and Network business.
- Coffee/tea and biscuits are available.
- An external speaker or entertainer is invited and they cover a variety of topics of general interest.
- Minutes of the meetings are produced and sent to all members.
- Raffle tickets are sold for funds. Donations for the raffle are always welcome.
- Network Lottery tickets are also sold to raise funds. The monthly Lottery is drawn and the prize winners are announced. Tickets are available at the office and at the monthly meetings. Tickets are for 6 months from May to October and November to April;
- An opportunity to meet Committee members;
- Updates from Group Leaders;
- Meet and socialise with members from other groups
Coffee Morning and Craft Fair
The Network’s annual Coffee Morning and Craft Fair replaces the normal monthly members’ meeting in October and is an important fundraiser for the Network.
Our “crafty” members work on items that can be sold at the fair. And those who love baking lend a hand too.
Date: Saturday 19th October 2019.
Network Choir Carol Concert
The Network Singers sing in local residential care homes and at some West Lothian 50+ Network functions, as well as having a Carol Concert at Christmas (Kristmas Krackers) for Network members.
Date: 12 December 2019
Our annual members Christmas Party takes place in December. There’s musical entertainment, dancing and party games, and of course, a generous spread of food.
Date: Saturday 21st December 2019
Group Leaders’ Lunch
It has become a tradition for the Committee to show their appreciation of the work put in by all the Group leaders throughout the year by inviting them to a lunch. This usually takes place in January.
Each year the Network takes over the Homeaid shop in Bathgate’s George Street for a week towards the end of the summer. This is an important fundraiser for the 50+ Network and members have done us proud in the past with their generous donations.
Dates: 25 September to 2 October 2019