West Lothian 50+ Network Events
A number of events are well-established in the Network calendar, with others organised on an ad hoc basis. These include dinners,socials and musical evenings. Our annual craft fair and coffee morning is an important fund raiser for the Network, as is our running of the thrift shop in Bathgate for a week each summer. In addition to our monthly members’ meetings, we all look forward each year to our Christmas party and Network Choir Carol Concert.
Held on the third Saturday of the month.at the Royal British Legion in Bathgate, the monthly members’ meeting is a get-together to update members on activities and Network business.
- Coffee/tea and biscuits are available.
- An external speaker or entertainer is invited and they cover a variety of topics of general interest.
- Minutes of the meetings are produced and sent to all members.
- Raffle tickets are sold for funds. Donations are always welcome;
- Network Lottery tickets are also sold to raise funds. The monthly Lottery is drawn and the prize winners are announced. Tickets are available at the office and at the monthly meetings. Tickets are for 6 months from May to October and November to April;
- An opportunity to meet Committee members;
- Updates from Group Leaders;
- Meet and socialise with members from other groups
Each year the Network takes over the Homeaid shop in Bathgate’s George Street for a week in August. This is also an important fundraiser for the 50+ Network and members have done us proud in the past with their generous donations.
Key Dates: We have the shop from the 15th August and will be taking goods in the shop from 2 pm on the 15th, to be ready to open for business on the 16th until 22nd August 2018.
Craft Fair and Coffee Morning
The Network’s annual Coffee Morning and Craft Fair replaces the normal monthly members’ meeting in October and is an important fundraiser for the Network.
Our crafty members work on items that can be sold at the fair. And those who love baking lend a hand too.
Date: Saturday 20th October 2018.
WW1 Commemorative Event
The Legion is marking the centenary of the First World War with commemorations in the UK and Republic of Ireland with a focus on Remembrance, education and legacy. In a joint venture with Legion Scotland the 50+ Network is organising a commemorative event of music, poetry and memories.
Date: Friday 9th November 2018
Network Choir Carol Concert
The Network Singers sing in local residential care homes and at some West Lothian 50+ Network functions, as well as having a Carol Concert at Christmas for Network members.
Date: Thursday 13th December 2018
Our annual Christmas Party takes place in December. It’s a ticketed event but free to attend. There’s musical entertainment, dancing and party games, and of course, a generous spread of food.
Date:Saturday 15th December 2018
It has become a tradition for the Committee to show their appreciation of the work put in by all the Group leaders throughout the year by inviting them to a year end lunch.